Yarborough Academy, Yarrow Road, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 4JU Click here to email us >>
About Our Academy
- Our values and ethos
- Our Staff
- Our Governors
- Our Performance
- Early Years and Foundation Stage
- Our Policies
- Staff Development
- Additional Funding
Teaching and learning
- Internet use is part of the statutory curriculum and is a necessary tool for learning.
- The Internet is a part of everyday life for education, business and social interaction.
- The school has a duty to provide pupils with quality Internet access as part of their learning experience.
- Pupils use the Internet widely outside school and need to learn how to evaluate Internet information and to take care of their own safety and security.
- The purpose of Internet use in school is to raise educational standards, to promote pupil achievement, to support the professional work of staff and to enhance the school’s management functions.
- Internet access is an entitlement for pupils who show a responsible and mature approach to its use.
How can Internet use enhance learning?
- The school’s Internet access will be designed to enhance and extend education.
- Pupils will be taught what Internet use is acceptable and what is not and given clear objectives for Internet use.
- The schools will ensure that the copying and subsequent use of Internet-derived materials by staff and pupils complies with copyright law.
- Access levels to the Internet will be reviewed to reflect the curriculum requirements and the age and ability of pupils.
- Staff should guide pupils to online activities that will support the learning outcomes planned for the pupils’ age and ability.
- Pupils will be educated in the effective use of the Internet in research, including the skills of knowledge location, retrieval and evaluation.
- Pupils will be taught to acknowledge the source of information used and to respect copyright when using Internet material in their own work.
How will pupils learn how to evaluate Internet content?
- Pupils will be taught to be critically aware of the materials they read and shown how to validate information before accepting its accuracy.
- Pupils will use age-appropriate tools to research Internet content.
- The evaluation of online materials is a part of teaching and learning in every subject and will be viewed as a whole-school requirement across the curriculum.